Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thoughts: Color

Since we're still moving in, I've been literally facing how much we have. And frankly, I'm not happy. It's not only a lot of stuff, but I'm just....past it all. When The Boy and I were first decorating (and by "we", I mean "me") there was a lot of color for the sake of having color. Now, it all looks so...young. Color is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but color for the sake of having color just seems too in-your-face and overwhelming to be mature. We're now on apartment #3 in three years (and probably not going anywhere anytime soon), and I'm fascinated by how my taste has changed. I have more appreciation for shape and tone rather than outright color. I'm gravitating towards classic and elegant, but with bite, which is similar to my fashion sense. Vintage, but not kitschy. I'm comfortable with color, but I'm 25 now, and I feel like I can have an adult's apartment, if that makes sense. I don't think I can do minimalist, but I can certainly tone it down, which I'm trying to do.

This means I have a LOT of stuff to get rid of. Jonathan Adler pillows, a giant poster of David Bowie, a very cool, but very green, vintage MCM lamp...they should be enjoyed by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment