Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yum: Nutella Croissants




There was a period during my first semester and winter break, freshman year of college, when I decided Visual Media/Communications was not for me, but I didn't know what to study. I had always loved to cook (I invented a crepe batter recipe when I was three. Really. Last lines read "add chess, roll up crap and eat."), so I thought culinary school was the way to go. I figured I would finish out the year, see where I was, then apply if necessary. But then I took an amazing Art History class and changed majors, so I never actually went to cooking school.

Which is partly why I like everything to be homemade. Which is also why these nutella-filled croissants are especially evil. Oh noes--Pillsbury! Premade! Processed! Really, if you're eating chocolate pastry, you're not looking for health food, so get over it. These are super-super easy, and super-super decadent.

Need:
- One tube of Pillsbury mini croissants, in a tube (or how many you want, one tube makes eight.)
- Nutella

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Unwrap dough, divide triangles, and lay out.
3. Take a dollop (maybe about a teaspoon) of Nutella and place on the bigger end of each triangle of dough. You may need two spoons to scoop and scrape.
4. Roll the croissants, from big end to small end. The ends will be open, but they shouldn't be, or the chocolate might melt out. I recommend pulling over the little flaps to seal the sides. Not as pretty, but you don't want to lose your precious chocolate!
5. Bake at 375 for 13-14 minutes.
6. Buy new pants, as you will eat all of them in one sitting.

You're welcome. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment